You must have completed the requirements for a Bachelor’s degree, and plan to work towards a graduate degree at the University of Missouri in order to apply to our program. Students already enrolled in University of Missouri graduate programs are also eligible. To ensure that your application for admission will be reviewed in a timely manner, please do the following:
- Complete Biomedical Sciences application for admission below.
- In addition to the application to the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, you must also apply online to the University of Missouri Graduate School at the MU Graduate School Website Application
Make sure that your MU Graduate School application includes;
- Three (3) recommendation providers (e.g. professors) who are familiar with your academic abilities;
- A personal statement to the graduate director stating why you want to pursue graduate study in Biomedical Sciences at MU; your research experience and interest area (list any publications or presentations at national meetings); your career goals.
- Optional: You may also include a curriculum vitae (CV) if you have one.
The application deadline for Summer and Fall Semesters is January 5th and, the application deadline for the Winter Semester is September 15th. Financial support through competitive Departmental stipends and University fellowships is only available to Fall applicants to the Doctoral program. Applications for other than Fall admittance will only be considered with a faculty sponsor. Financial support for Masters applicants is available by arrangement between the applicant and a faculty sponsor.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. David Kline
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Biomedical Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Missouri
1600 East Rollins Road
W116 Vet. Med. Bldg.
Columbia, Missouri 65211